Sunday, August 14, 2005

Cambridge Knebworth

I didn't see anything of Cambridge, except for the hotel with the worst bed I slept in the whole trip. I don’t hold that against Cambridge, though, it’s just that I've visited Cambridge before, and punted on the Cam and all, and preferred to spend some time with my cousin and his family, as I'd been invited and had never been there before. They treated me like a queen, cooked me a delicious dinner, complete with a Pimm's, took me to a real English afternoon party at Lesley's mother's house (don't get me started on the homemade desserts alone!) and then drove me to Cambridge in their new SUV. They have 2 rescued Greyhounds, Victor and Archie, both very sweet. They will be coming here to visit at the end of August, and it will be great fun!


Platform 9 3 quarters UP

Here I am halfway through to Platform 9 3/4 (for Harry Potter fans) at King's Cross station.


Knebworth UP

This is the little town of Knebworth. Many of the houses, like my cousin's, are over 100 years old, refurbished inside to current code. Many were built as housing for railroad workers, and provide the basis for this bedroom community. My cousin easily commutes into London every day by walking to the train station (5 minutes) and taking the train (30 minutes) to King's Cross.


Roe garden UP

This is part of their long, narrow garden. There is a small patio and he grows some herbs and veggies, too.



Jill UP

My aunt Jill in the kitchen, enjoying her Pimm's.


Pimm's UP

This is a glass of Pimm's, a yummy combination of Pimm's (sorry, not sure what it is, but it's 50 proof and fruity) with British lemonade (it's clear, like Sprite; can't remember if it's carbonated) and sliced fruit served over ice.


Victor Archie UP

Victor and Archie, resting on their beds.


St. John boys UP

My cousin St. John (pronounced "sin-jin") getting a little help from "the boys".


Lesley Jordan UP

St. John's wife, Lesley, with her son, Jordan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home